Sand and infinity is all I need. - livography in greece #3

As a matter of fact my stay and therefore my Erasmus in Greece is already over. February began in well-known Vienna.
I realized that being abroad for half a year is such a liberating and beloved experience, mainly because you slowly forget about everyday troubles. You left decisions and basic 'life drama' back at home. You're on exchange. This means: Meeting new people, changing your way of thinking, having adventures every other day and expanding your horizons.

To be honest you don't have time to worry about anything. And every now and then when concerns about scary real life stuff come creeping into your mind, you automatically shove them back in your subconscious. Assuring yourself, now is not the time to think about this!
Your brain is on auto-pilot, constantly telling you to have fun and enjoy every second of the precious minutes, hours, days, weeks and months you are lucky enough to spend abroad. It's the best thing that can happen to you.

The downside to all of this? Being back in good old Austria. Setting foot in your 'old' life.
It only takes a fleeting moment until reality gives you a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.
Obligations, worries, scary 'what am I doing with my life' questions have a glorious comeback.

Yes, it is as wonderful as it sounds.

And now after vividly complaining about my current situation, I believe that switching reality off for a second is exactly what I need.


(Background music, for the full experience of greek flair while mind traveling, because - δεν κάνει κρύο στην Ελλάδα - 'it's not cold in Greece')

                           

I have my bare feet in the warm sand of a greek beach and the sea with all of its infinity and open space lies right in front of me. 
Welcome back September 2014, I've missed you.









No comments:

Post a Comment